Monday, June 29, 2009

New dress



New Dress for Nouvelle!!

Today I felt like sewing something quick and easy.. And what's easier than throwing two pieces of fabric together and making a twirly dress? I found a shirt of Nouvelle's that she grew out of in length, picked out two colors of fabric and cut away! What I did was the first "layer" in the skirt is around 1-2 feet longer than around the shirt. The second layer is about 2-3 feet longer than the first layer. Gather, sew them together and finished the edge and TA-DA, Nouvelle has a new dress! Here she is modeling it for me. Excuse the crappy quality of the photo!

1 comment:

  1. Very cute and sounds easy! might have to give it a try. I got a new sewing machine for my birthday in May and still havnt got it out of the box! This could be my first project!!!

    ReplyDelete